From:
Terri Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:36:37 -0400

My daughter found rice chips at Bloom that said they were wheat and gluten free. I went on their website and they even have a Celiac section and assure us they are wheat and gluten free. So, I bought 3 bags (different flavors) today and as I was munching, I read the ingredients. Oat fiber was one of them. I checked the other two bags and oat fiber was in each of them also. So, I have written them, explaining that Celiacs avoid oats due to cross contamination in the fields and processing facilities, and how can they say their chips are gluten free with the oat fiber in them? Unless they are buying those very expensive Canadian gluten free guaranteed oats, which I doubt, I really don't think they can use the oat fiber.  Anyhow, I am taking the 2 unopened bags back and will wait to hear what they have to say. Once again, always read the ingredients first! ( Preferably not while you're munching

Terri Collins
Northern Virginia

*******
*******