From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 17:15:48 -0800

Trader Joe's is a grocery store chain with stores in California, Arizona,
Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Massachusetts and New York, and a good source
for gluten-free foods.  I've only just discovered this aspect of the food
they sell since I was recently diagnosed with a wheat (and other)
allergies.  There's a list in the store I go to of all their gluten-free
foods (with disclaimers about some they can't confirm are 100%
gluten-free).  They now have a web site listing all their locations and the
gluten-free foods they carry in their East and West locations:

http://www.traderjoes.com

Since I'm only recently diagnosed and have many other allergic reactions at
this time (garlic, corn, and sunflowers to name a few) I'm not eating any
of their gluten-free foods since they almost all contain other things that
are off-limits.  Certainly their prices for dried fruit and nuts and frozen
fish are the best I've seen anywhere I shop.

>>Disclaimer: I do not have any financial connection whatsoever with Trader
>>Joe's.  I'm just a cost-conscious consumer and now a very "picky" eater.

Bon appetit!

Nancy