From:
Dick Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 13:09:55 -0700

Hi Hannelore
About a month ago I had reoccuring symptoms that produced vomiting, loss of
weight, fatique, and general not feeling well. I have have been gluten free
for 10 years without any of the above problems before. I went back and
started reading labels on foods that I felt might be giving me problems. I
did know that soy was sort of a problem for me, there it was Soy on all the
labels of the foods that I suspected. My next question was why was I so
sick now. I had been eating the same foods for a long time with little
reaction. My next bit of research took me to the new brand of hair spray I
just had purchused about a month ago. There it was again. Soy bean oil.

I discussed this with my Primary care doctor and my Gastroenterologist.
Both say there is no way the hair spray could cause that much problem. I
have news for them. I cut out all of the soy related products and I feel
much better.

I thought this might be of some interest to some of you, and may be to
Hannelore who wrote about reoccuring malabsorption.

Dick from Zig Zag