Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:32:25 EST

Still trying, obviously, to get a handle on all things GF. At this point,
eating at home isn't a problem (though I sure will miss Amy's...) but it  seems
that every time I eat out I mess up somehow. It's getting so that I am
terrified of eating at a restaurant that doesn't have a GF menu... Last night I  ate
at Cracker Barrel and had a salad with honey mustard dressing (I took the
croutons off). Today I ate at a Mexican restaurant, had a salad plate with sour
cream, beans and cheese, guacamole and salad, and feel like I took a hit.
What  did I do wrong?

Also, I ate at a steak house the other day, had a baked potato and salad,
and couldn't resist a bite of my mom's hamburger. It was a small bite and I  cut
off the outside (most of it) which had touched the grill. I felt like I took
a hit that night as well. (It's been a long week as a result of my mistake!)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to when and how I might have ingested
gluten during these outings? More importantly, what strategies have you
developed for eating out safely? What's safe and what's not?! Help!

Sara