Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:44:22 +0000

Hi,
 I am new to posting to the list although I have been reading
it for quite some time now.  My sister and my neice both have celiac
disease.   My sister got non Hodgenkins lymphoma as a result of not
following a gluten free diet. She was diagnose with Celiac 18 yrs ago.
 She just had a bone marrow transplant last christmas and it cured her
lymphoma but not her celiac disease.   The recipes that I have gotten
off of this list from others who have celiac have been a God send. It
kept her eating through all the chemo therapy and the radiation.  Also
all the up to date information from other celiacs has been wonderful.
 She is still have a tough time of it. She can't eat at all now and
they are trying to figure out why. She is totally gluten free. She has
alot of doctors writing papers about her becuase she is the first that
we know of in the states to have celiac and a bone marrow transplant
so we are in uncharted territory. I was wondering if anyone else out
there has gone through anything like she is going through.  If there
is please respond to me directly.

And thank you all, you don't know it but you are helping alot of
people.

Sincerely

Beth Streeter