Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 20:34:42 -0400

Thank you for all the great responses - here is a brief summary:
    The majority of folks said for my daughter to try a gluten free diet
    Many said to cut out dairy and see if the baby's skin clears up
    Someone uses a mix of zinc oxide ad marigold leaves and has had
success
    Look at other possible allergens
    Contact LaLeche
    Maybe the rash is from yeast
    Gluten cannot be transferred through breast milk
    Gluten IS transferred through breast milk
    Eczema can be irritated by acidic foods (tomatoes...etc..)
    Nitrates are the problem
    Rash is from hormones (actually my daughter's pediatrician said the
same thing....it is not hormones)

Many of you said you had similar stories and your children were
eventually diagnosed with celiac disease...mostly anecdotal responses -
but all follow a similar path - eczema = eventual CD diagnosis.
I forwarded your emails to my daughter - who does carry the DQ2 gene -
she is an educated woman - not sure what her hesitation is in trying a
GF diet - again my thanks for your responses.
Deb

*******
*******