From:
Donald Baisch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donald Baisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:55:50 -0800

GF in Northern San Diego CA County

  Had a day of wonderful discovery today.
  With one of our Bridesmaids of 52 years ago. we went to Lunch
  at the Elephant Bar in San Marcos, Calif.
  105 South Las Posas Rd
  (760) 736-2200
  www.elephantbar.com

  I explained to the young lady who served us that I would
  appreciate it if they had a Gluten-Free menu.
  She said she would find out.
  She returned and said one of her fellow servers
  told  her she was a celiac and that she would recommend
  that I order the grilled Chicken-salad and ask for the oil and vinegar
  dressing instead of the one shown on the menu.
  After she asked more questions of me I saw no problem in getting
  it with the blue-cheese crumbles..
  It was delicious and wonderful service. Prices were very
  reasonable and you can ask for a VIP card for "Senior Explorers"
  and get 20 percent off if you are 60 years or older.
  By the way they do it for all in the party with someone who has the card.
  They have been there for a little over a year.

  Across the parking lot was another discovery - a "Sprouts Farmers Market"
  It used to be associated with "Wild Oats" but no longer.
  Their address is 149 So Las Posas Road.
  San Marcos, CA
  (760) 208-6041
  www.sprouts.com
  Their prices were much lower than the well known G-F
  health food stores in the San Diego area. Also they have the widest variety
  of manufacturers of GF products and the various GF items are clearly
  identified, with the price tags on the shelves. Also if you had questions
  the store was well staffed with "knowledgeable" staff.
  Too bad we had just done our "holiday" shopping yesterday" but we still
  saw many bargains on things we had not purchased before because of the prices.

  Have no interest in these two purveyors, other than the wonderful "service"
  they offered.
Don in Carlsbad, Calif.

*******
*******