Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:27:41 EDT

As the harvest season is just about upon us, I will be preparing for massive
canning in the next week or two.  I am an experienced canner, but this is our
first year on a gf diet and I'll need make adjustments.  I've already sent
off emails to Alltrista Corp., which markets Fruit Fresh and Fruit Jell
Pectin, and was told that all their products are gf.

One thing that I plan to do this year is can ketchup, which I have never made
before.  I figure that I will follow the recipe in my Ball canning book,
using wine or cider vinegar instead of distilled.  I am particularly
wondering how long homemade ketchup is good in the fridge.  I am thinking
that I will make pints and when we open a can put the ketchup in a squeeze
bottle.

Anyone have any advice on homemade ketchup or canning in a gf kitchen?  I
welcome tried and true canning recipes ;-).  I'll make sure to summarize.
Thanks!