From:
Barbara Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 13:22:01 -0400

Everyone in our office has been making and drinking a new tea, or actually a
tea fungus called Kombucha (pronounced com-boo-sha)     that they say has
made them feel wonderful.  It was written up in July's Better Nutrition for
today's living magazine and saysthe beverage intoduces microorganisms into
the body which transform harmful substances, such as uric acid and
cholesterol, into mor soluble compounds, thereby removing them .  Has anyone
else heard anything about this tea?  I'm wondering if it would be harmful to
us "celiacs" ? Thanks for any input, Barb