From:
"Denny, Dawn E" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denny, Dawn E
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:24:24 -0500

The following responses were received to my questions and were much
appreciated!

Yes! (o:

Seems to be, yes. My research turned up every sign that it's a completely
different plant with an unfortunate name. :)

It is in theory, but it is almost impossible for it not to have wheat seeds
sneaking among the grass.  No wheat grass company has analysed it with Elisa
test yet.  Or if they did, they didn't released the results. I dont touch
such a product.

Only if the company will guarantee that they harvest the grass between 6 and
8 weeks - before the heads develop.  I talked to one company who said that
they only produce grass, no wheat heads therefore there is never any gluten
present to contaminate the grass.  Otherwise, they use the grass as a
by-product of wheat and then it is contaminated...one company would not
guarantee their source and said they did produce wheat, too.

> :-)  Dawn

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.