From:
"Brenda A. Graham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:28:39 -0500

Hello folks:
I talked to a fellow celiac yesterday who no longer eats
rice cakes made by quaker oats, as she had heard from the manufacturer
that their rice cake manufacturing line is not isolated from , but
rather in in the midst of, the plant that manufactures non-GF prduct
and that there is concern about airborne flour dust contaminating their
rice cakes. Arrrgg..

Does anyone else have info or experience to support or refute posible
contamination of this product? I LOVE these rice cakes, have eaten them
constantly for the last 5 years... but admittedly, am in the process of
looking for hidden glueten as I do have some symptoms that have been
coming back in the last months (as well as a positive IGg, though
negative IGa and Endomysil) after being pretty symptom free since
diagnosis and going GF.

Thanks, in advance.
Brenda

Brenda A Graham                         Admin Computing & Info Svcs
[log in to unmask]          Carnegie Mellon Univ, Pittsburgh, PA