From:
Sue Ledbetter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Ledbetter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 18:10:46 -0500

Hi to all,
I know that somewhere, at some point, I read something about ADD and Celiac and how most kids who have ADD, also have an intolerance to gluten. Or am I crazy here? Anyway, I don't have children, but have two friends with kids that have the ADD and other problems, including, dairy, soy, etc.  One child is very constipated all the time also. I have no idea if this is their problem, per se, but if I could find the link that gave the info on this, and send it to them with them being able to read it for themselves, then they might be better able to help their kids.

The one friend has the book about ADD and helping kids through diet, and they mention taking them off wheat, but go into no explanation of how many *foods* actually involve wheat, so she just took him off wheat bread and still gives him the white, which is the same thing, but of course, she didn't know this.  I would just like them to have a better understanding of this. And I also know that I read that 61% of kids and 41% of adults can be asymptomatic with this disease.  Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Sue in Mo.