Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:55:23 -0700

I know I just recently sent this out but I have had such an overwhelming
response I wanted to let everyone who might be having the same problem
know the results.

I would say at least 95% of all responses say stay away from OJ and
other OJ and all citrus fruits.

Following is a sample of responses:

orange juice as it is extremely acidic and irritates my otherwise
already irritated digestive tract.

Hi, I had lots of stomach problems until I eliminated several other
foods besides gluten.  I can not tolerate any foods from the citrus
family.

Yes, Cheryl.  It is the lactose in the orange juice that does it.  In
order for there to be extra calcium in the juice, they have to get it
from lactose.  If you are lactose intolerant, you can't drink this
juice. I cannot drink ANY orange juice, fortified or not. I did not used
to be this way until I got on the gf diet. Hope this helps. J.

I am lactose intolerant and orange juice with calcium upsets my stomach.
Maybe that is what's bothering you.

Sandy

Cheryl, I have a problem with orange juice and all citrus fruits......
ever since the celiac "bug" hit me! After being gf for over three years,
I still cannot tolerate citrus. Instead of orange juice, apple juice
seems to be much easier to handle on the stomach. Christie

Thanks so much to everyone that responded.