From:
United Machine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:45:14 -0400

Dear List members,

Recently there have been  several posts  suggesting contacting Oprah or
Diane Sawyer to do a story related to celiac disease

A while back some of you joined me in an effort to raise awareness which
i referred to as A National Exposure Initiative.  I ask that those who
supported that effort help again, and those new to the list join us.
The NEI targeted US media outlets, many of which have been mentioned
recently by individual posters.

While I admit we didn't spur programs about celiac disease on shows like
20/20, Dateline, Oprah or NPR's All things Considered, we perhaps
managed to raise awareness among those individuals that review show
ideas. Perhaps a  germ of interest has been planted.=20

 Eve Thorburn recently posted the following
<I'm told that our efforts would be better served to write
Phyllis McGrady, Executive Producer, PrimeTIME Live, ABC News, 3rd
floor, 147 Columbus Ave., New York, NY 10023.>

 This will be the NEI's latest target.I urge all US members of the list
to write a letter " asking them to report on CD.

I further challenge national celiac support groups to join this effort
by adding the NEI targets to their mailing list, and urging their
readership to participate.

Sincerely,
Dan Davis