From:
"Nathan D. Justus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 08:41:28 -0400

In a recent digest, Sharon Marcus said:

>in the US to have a baby there, the dieticians should be able to serve you
>a special meal. Dieticians in hospitals are used to catering to special
>needs and as long as you specify and REMIND them, there shouldn't be a
>problem. As for your baby, since there may be the inherited chance of
>him/her also being a celiac, keep to your diet after the birth (of course)

Forgive me for disagreeing, but DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!  My celiac wife
has, in the 11 years we've been together, been hospitalized and they
just cannot seem to manage to get her a meal she can eat.  She's
got other food sensitivities, like citrus allergy and MSG problems,
so that makes it more difficult, but I still say:  better to be safe
than sorry!!  Bring food with you.

Nathan
Nathan Justus
http://www.exit109.com/~nathan/