Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:35:39 -0400

Once again, I feel blessed to have found you all.  I AM "normal"!  I
will still get checked out by the Neurologist  just to be safe, but I
am convinced this unstable gait is Celiac related.  I've copied the
put my remarks in brackets:

*I have had this unstable gait for about three years. I am not sure
if it is related to CD and thought that it was more likely due to
injuries to my leg in a serious car wreck three years ago. However, I
went to an excellent seminar on brain function. What I took from that
was that the brain needs its own food to function. I had never
thought of this before and took it to heart. I increased dark colored
foods to increase anti oxidents, and more importantly I think, added
Omega-3 fatty acids (fresh fish and from a pill)and decreased Omega-6
from corn. The balance seems to be much, much better now that I have
made those changes. Hope that this info helps you some way.

*may sound silly, but be sure to rule out any kind of fluid in the
ear either due to allergies or viral infection.  my husband who is
not celiac and who is very healthy went through something similar a
few years back and it was a build up of fluid due to a particularly
bad pollen season.  [ a few people suggested inner ear issues]

*Yes, I am experiencing dizziness, loss of balance, stumbling while
detoxing from gluten. [several people stated it happened during the
first few months of the diet and subsided, a couple stated despite
many years on the diet, they still have symptoms and one stated that
after 5 years of the diet, the symptoms subsided]

*Yes- I had similar weird symptoms, such as sudden pitching,
dizziness, clumsy when walking and constantly bumping into things.
These can be related to gluten [google: "The Gluten File"- the owner
of that site has a lot of experience with gluten ataxia]. Even gluten-
free some of these odd symptoms persisted.  Finally, a new Nurse
Practitioner ordered some nutritional testing from Spectracell Labs
in Texas [no affiliation, just a customer]. Turns out I was very low
in B vitamins- one of the symptoms is not being able to negotiate
space accurately, and other neurological-type symptoms. I was also
very low in ferritin (low iron stores) which caused symptoms as well.
[ A few people mentioned vitamin deficiencies as the cause- makes so
much sense as it's a malabsorption disease....]

*Oddly enough, Anusara yoga can be very helpful for balance, which is
an important component of gait. Anusara is significantly more
effective than other versions of yoga and can be done at your own
pace. I was amazed at the difference I found in my body after just
several sessions. (I have absolutely no affiliation or monetary
involvement, other than paying for classes.)

*Within the last week I've learned about food additives/excitotoxins
causing
neural/brain complications, which might be of interest to you:
www.joyfulaging.com/excitotoxins.htm and www.rense.com/general52/
msg.htm.

* [ a few people suggested I get tested for MS]

*recommend the book, The Gluten Connection, by Shari Lieberman

Yvonne
http://www.yaarglass.com/

‘Without art, the world would be a blank piece of nothing.’’
Comment from an Elementary school student

*******
*******