Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:16:14 -0400

The majority of responders recommended Nizza's, 630 9th Ave (44th/45th).

Also suggested were:
Ruby Foo's, 7th Avenue and 49th Street
Milk & Honey kosher place, 45th (5th/6th)
Bloom's Delicatessen, 380 Lex (40th)
Maui Tacos (Fifth in the 30s)
Bistango, 415 Third Ave (29th)

Someone suggested standard chain restaurants in the area: Chipotle, PF Chang's, Outback, Shake Shack, 5 Guys Burgers.  I only looked into Outback, which is on 919 Third Avenue (54th).

Last recommendation was Ted Turner's Montana Grill on West 51st Street, just off of 6th Avenue.  They said "practically across the street from Radio City,can give you gluten-free meals.
Just tell them and they know how to do it. When you order, tell them you are gluten-free (and tell them no bun), for whatever burger you order. They do a great job."

We ended up going to Ruby Foo's, it was closer than Nizza's and since severe thunderstorms were predicted we didn't want to walk that far.  It was very good for us because in addition to two Celiacs, we had one peanut allergy and one nut allergy in our party, and a finicky 12 yr old with no allergies.  Ruby Foo's had the GF menu, handled the nut allergies well, and also had a basic kid menu with grilled cheese and such for kids who don't eat asian food.  It was perfect for our party.  Not that cheap but not too bad.

Thank you to everyone who responded, it was a great help.

http://www.gluten.net/find-a-restaurant-search.aspx