From:
Jack and Laurie Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:33:04 -0500

Dear List - I FINALLY received the tortilla press that I started looking
for a few months ago.  I have no financial, or any other type of interest
in the companies that manufacture and/or distribute this press.  I got a
Vintantonio electric tortilla press thru Bosch Kitchen Center of Salt Lake
City, UT via the internet. I saw this gf cooking concept demonstrated at
the Denver Metro CSA/USA conference in June, 1997 using a wonderful gf
flour recipe developed by one of the Denver Metro members.

The press was initially back ordered and then they needed a part for
them...yadda yadda.  Received the press on Friday and used it Saturday.  It
works - I'm in heaven.  My non-celiac husband said that they did taste like
wheat flour tortillas.  I love the change from corn flour (altho the press
works with corn flour too). We are fairly well-versed in mexican cooking
and feel that this a wonderful addition to our culinary lifestyle.

I made an initial filling of poached/shredded chicken breasts and added
sour cream, a little grated white cheese with chopped:scallions, garden
radishes, jalapeno and seasoned it.  Didn't even heat the filling, just
wrapped it into little burritos. The sky is the limit on fillings.

Sure am glad to put this issue to summary!

- Laurie from SW Colorado