From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:34:24 -0500

Dear List mates,

I made a Hatfield semi-boneless ham last night with brown sugar and
pineapple. I had a little taste in the afternoon and then had two slices
for dinner along with asparagus. I had a bad attack of dirrarhia (sp?)
after eating dinner. I have called Hatfield twice now and they say their
hams are gf. (On the second call I asked them to check on the potassium
sorbate and how it is derived.) Still waiting on this response. I am pretty
sure it wasn't the pineapple (this had only pineapple and pineapple juice
listed as ingredients). it was 3 diamonds brand. Could it have been the
brown sugar? This had only sugar and molassess listed. Is molasses a
problem? Or could it have just been the fat content in the ham. Perhaps my
intestines were overwhelmed by that much fat? ( i generally don't eat
high-fat foods, in particular meat). I also ate at a conference on Monday.
Do you think this could have been a delayed reaction from that meal? Any
advice would be most appreciated.

joan
Ardmore, PA, USA