From:
Lynne Allison Weagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:54:55 -0800

Hi everyone!
     Many thanks to all who wrote with answers to my questions.  Most
people wrote that "modified food starch" could be anything, so check
with the company before eating products with this on the label.  In the
US, if a label lists simply "starch", however, this is corn starch and
should be fine.
     As for the potatoes, a couple of people wrote that they -- Idahoan
Au gratin and scalloped flavours -- are on the CSA/USA food guide (June,
1997) as being GF (which may be where I'd read it, as a friend of mine
in NJ sent this up to me).  I enjoyed a big dish of these for lunch the
day after I posted, with great pleasure and no ill effects!
     Thanks again for your responses and hope you had a good
Thanksgiving!

Lynne
Vancouver, BC, Canada