From:
Kathleen Shipley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 21:02:11 -0700

Thanks to all who responded to my questions about aching joints!
Twenty-five people did.  Because of the number of responses, I have
summarized the possible causes and the things to try.  The number after
the response indicates the number of people suggesting this (no number
means 1 person suggested it).

It could be caused by:other grains (corn, etc.) 4, milk/dairy products 2,
could be arthritis (regardless of age) 5, accidental ingestion of gluten
2, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers 2, eggs, candida/yeast, lack of calcium,
firbrmyalgia, other allergies, Fanconi syndrome, or too much iron in the
blood.

Recommendations were: B12 shots, 2 - 5,000mcg Solgar Vegetarian Megasorb
(B12)(check with doctor 1st), eat spinach and deep sea finfish 4 times a
week, Flexall 454, fish oil, sleep with a splint like those for carpal
tunnel syndrome to improve circulation, packs that can be warmed in the
microwave and then put in a large glove, and quit taking all vitamins.
Many people suggested that I see a dr. 1st to rule out arthritis, then
begin an elimination diet.  That is what I plan to do.  I have not yet
tried any of the suggestions.

Thanks again for the suggestions and moral support!  I hope this may help
someone else, also.

Kathleen Shipley
Beaumont, TX