Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 02:05:30 -0500

Here's another recipe I was given in previous years. I add a touch of
cinnamon to these, and they are PERFECT -- the glutenoids beg for
them.   ;-)  (I have also used this recipe with Tom Sawyer flour.) Roll
between sheets of waxed paper to make life easy.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

God bless,
Deb

==========

SillyYaks Recipe - GF White Velvet Cut Outs, shared by SY member
Christina Fredericks in December 2005

Our family has a tradition every year at Christmastime of baking and
decorating dozens of cut out cookies. After years of fighting to
roll out the dough as it crumbled and broke apart, I discovered a
fabulous recipe in Taste of Home magazine. This has become a family
favorite.

Now that I am GF however, I wanted a GF cookie recipe so I don't
have to constantly be on guard against being glutened. I decided to
try adapting my TNT cookie recipe to see how it would turn out. The
results are in and WOW, the cookies are fabulous. These cookies stay
together. The dough stays together when rolling. No problem with
decorating them. They taste amazing. Kind of like shortbread. Very
buttery and rich.

This recipe makes a lot. I cut it in half to do my testing.

GF White Velvet Cutouts

2 cups butter, softened
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
4-1/2 cups GF flour mix (see below for the blend I used)

In mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and
fluffy. Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add
flour. Cover and chill 2 hours of until firm. Roll out on floured
surface (I rolled between two sheets of plastic wrap...wax paper
would work equally well) to 1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes
with cookie cutters. Place 1" apart on baking sheets. Bake at 350deg
for 10 minutes or until set (barely browned...these will mostly
still look white). Cool 5 minutes, remove to wore rack. Frost or
otherwise decorate with completely cooled. (We use pastry brushes to
apply an icing made from powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Then we
apply all manner of sprinkles, gumdrops, m&m's, red hots, etc to
dress them up. The kids *love* this).

Here is the flour mixture I used. It was posted recenly by Bridget
along with another cut out cookie recipe.

2-1/2 cups rice flour (brown or white is fine)
1 cup potato starch flour
1 cup tapioca starch flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup sorghum flour