From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:59:16 -0500

Hello,

My son is preparing to go to the University of Texas at Austin.  We do not
yet know which dorm he will be in but it appears that the main dining hall
facilities are in Jester.  He is there this week for orientation and it has
been a bit overwhelming.  When we spoke to the dietician over food services
it sounded as though there might be lots of food choices.  However, once he
actually went through the line it appears that cross contamination is going
to be a huge issue.

Has anyone out there had any experience with UT in particular, or with
university food services at other places?  I am beginning to feel some panic
right now!  I don't really know whether to fight for safer food choices, or
for a room with cooking facilities so he can just cook for himself.

Any words of advice would be very much appreciated!  Thanks!

Becky