Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:54:25 -0400

Michelle in Anchorage wrote:

> Leslie in NYC was looking for potato vodka; I have a bottle
> of JINRO SOJU, a Korean vodka I bought locally. It is
> distilled from sweet potatoes. Does anyone know if this is
> GF, and if so what bloody mary mix is available GF?

A letter from Uncle Dave's Kitchen, P O Box 2034, South Londonderry VT 05155
(802-824-3600), 5/22/96, states that all of their products are gluten-free.
 I know that they make a ketchup and a barbecue sauce.  Upon my inquiry they
specifically included their Tamari and their Vegetarian Worcester Sauce as
GF.  They sent a sample of "Uncle Dave's Bloody Mary Fixin's," a powder to be
mixed with tomato juice (or used to prepare a dip) with these ingredients
(all natural):  horseradish, lemon peel, worcestershire, ground celery, sea
salt, cayenne pepper, parsley, spices.

I haven't tried it yet, but looks good to me.  I found Uncle Dave's brand
products in health food stores.

John Specht
Long Island