From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:12:28 EST

Hi Groupmates:

I enjoy reading your posts because each of you have educated me on this most
challenging disease. I thank you for that. However, I am really troubled by
the back and forth stuff with regards to whether a person who has celiac
should have children or not. The person who initiated the question has no
idea the controversy and personal invasion this creates with those who have
children and do not have children. We all need to remember that it is a
personal choice whether someone decides to bring children into the world or
not. For those of you who have your children and feel greatly blessed, praise
God for that. However, each of us are in different places and should be
respected for whatever is right for him/her. Interestingly, it is mostly
females who are coming to the forefront with this which tells me that
maternal instincts are coming out. I thought the board was a place to share
our issues relating to our disease and to exchange recipes and other
pertinent information. To air our personal opinion about bringing children
into the world in spite of the disease is clearly between your significant
other and God.

Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,

Lisa