From:
Betty Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 14:07:22 EDT

Following is a tabulated list of GF bread recommendations from list members.
We appreciate everyone who answered our e-mail.  Everyone was most helpful
and supportive.  As you will note, there was a wide range and variation in
products used.

COMPANIES AND THEIR PRODUCTS:
        GF Pantry was, by far, the favored producer of GF bread products. (16
persons)
        Authentic Foods was next in preference (3 persons)
        Food of Life (3 persons)
        Sylvan Farms (3 persons)
        Ener-G foods (3 persons)
        Tritamyl bread mix (2 persons)
        The following received one recommendation each:  Bay Bread (San
Francisco), Clan Thompson bread,  Belo's Braz Chees Bread, Foods by George,
Gifts of Nature, Kinnickinnick, Jowar Flour, Ms Robyns mix, Red Star yeast,
Trader Joe's GF waffles.

BOOKS WITH BREAD RECIPES
        Bette Hageman's was most frequently recommended.  Marion N Wood's 2
books were also recommended, as well as Carol Fenster's book.

BREAD MACHINES
        3 people recommended using Zojirushi machines.  Breville, Prima and
Welbilt were others that were used with success.  One person recommended
using a Kitchen Aid blender to mix dough.

Experimentation seems to be the major recommendation to the individual who
wants to produce a tasty, well-textured GF bread.  Thanks, again, to all who
contributed.

Carl in Ohio