From:
Kev and Pat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:10:33 -0500

Hi to all,

I know that people come and go off this list, so I am sending this
information one more time....for those who may have missed it.
Initially I said that I would need to know how many are coming, but this
is not the case now.  The location is large enough to hold all that are
interested in attending.  I have a flyer in a word document that can be
printed out and handed out to anyone that you think may be interested in
attending.  You just need to email me and ask me to send the word
document to you.  The speaker, Sue Dengate, is gluten intolerant and has
to watch for the crumbs in the toaster. She is also intolerant to
several other foods.  Pat in NH

An AU author (Sue Dengate) will be presenting information, as listed
below, on Monday, April 16th, 2001 at 7 p.m.  The location will be at
West Running Brook Middle School in Derry, NH (See below for
directions).  This presentation will be 1 hour in length and is free.
If you would like more information, please email me at
([log in to unmask]).  You can order her book (see web site below for
ordering info.) or borrow it from the Derry, NH town library.  If you
don't live in Derry, then perhaps you could ask your library to order it
for your library.

I don't dare to think where my family would be today, if we hadn't found
Sue and her elimination diet.  My family and I have improved health in
the following areas: no more eczema, decreased colds, earaches, and
flu's by about 90%, no more chronic fatigue, eliminated non itchy rash,
no longer get migraines which progress to vomiting, no more daily
headaches (although I do get some headaches when I accidentally slip
up), skin not as dry, no more ulcer type symptoms, decreased stiff necks
and sore muscles, no more insomnia or snoring, depression symptoms gone,
decreased irritability, decreased anger, decreased exercise induced
asthma, anxiety gone, almost nonexistent frequency and intensity of
stomachaches, decreased urinary frequency and urgency (this was a "big"
problem before, but is now only a problem with dietary slip-ups).  This
list is not the just my problems, but rather some are (were) my problems
and my husband's and our 3 kids.  As you can probably tell, my family
and I are extremely food sensitive. We had been wheat/gluten, and daily
free for 2 yrs and had improved, but it wasn't until we discovered
information about amines and salicylates, that we saw dramatic changes.

Sue Dengate is a psychology graduate and former English teacher with a
specialty in behavior management.  Her interest in the effects of foods
on children's health, behaviour, and learning began with her own
children's experiences and led to her work as a food intolerance
counselor.  She lives in Darwin, Australia, with her food technologist
husband.

Her books "Different Kids" and "Fed Up", published by Random House, are
bestsellers in Australia.  Recent talks include keynote presentations to
the National Asthma Conference 1999; Youth at Risk Conference 2000
organized by the Australian Federal Police, and Children's Services
Resource and Advisory Program ACT 2000.  She established and coordinates
the Food Intolerance Network of Australia.

Other publications include "Dietary management of Attention Deficit
Hyperactivity Disorder" Aust J Early Childhood, 1997; 22:4, 29-33, and a
recent submission with Dr A Ruben "Controlled trial of cumulative
behavioural effects of a common bread preservative" J Paed Child Health.

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~sdengate/

An outline of her talk............

1. Intro: a 5 minute segment by an Australian national TV show about the
use of dietary management for ADHD in Darwin, showing Darwin ADHD
support group, families, school canteen (snack area)

2. The Royal Prince Alfred Hospital elimination diet in Australia (which
can be followed here in the US).

3. The difference between allergy and intolerance, why intolerance's are
so hard to identify

4. Symptoms of food intolerance: migraine, skin rashes, irritable bowel,
asthma, ADD, ADHD, oppositional defiance, others - and which foods are
most likely to trigger each

5. 5 minute video, juvenile offenders in the United Kingdom do a three
week trial of diet, see the difference with your own eyes

6. Foods explained - a look at labels on common foods, 50 additives to
avoid, salicylates, amines and flavor enhancers, many where you least
expect to find them

7. What can we eat?

Directions to West Running Brook, Derry, NH

>In brief:

Heading 93 north or south *** take exit 4 Londonderry *** east 102 ***
to the traffic circle *** right onto 28 Bypass South *** WRB is a left
at next set of lights

>In detail:
>
>From the north:

Get on 93 heading south to exit 4 in Londonderry, take a left off exit
4, onto route 102 East (Broadway), go straight through 3 sets of lights
(the 3rd light, which you will still go straight through, is the
intersection of 102 and Crystal Ave., you will see Dandi-Lyons in front
of you on the right), (this is still route 102), a few miles up watch
for Hoodcroft Golf Course on the right, you will then see a fire station
on your right and the traffic circle, you will be taking your first
right on the circle which is Route 28 Bypass South (just as you get onto
28 Bypass South, the Lobster Claw II will be on your left) go to your
next set of lights and take a left (there is a sign saying West Running
Brook here and the Fairway's apartment complex is on your right.

>From the south:

Get on 93 heading north to exit 4 in Londonderry, take a right off the
exit onto 102 East and go straight through 2 sets of lights....and
follow directions as above.