From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:02:07 -0700

I received over 12 responses to my query about chicken rotissaries.  Every
respondant who used one loves it.  One person who hadn't actually used it,
said a relative didn't like it because it was hard to clean, but others said
it was easy to clean.  Everyone said everything the food cooked in it comes
out wonderful.  8 respondants have Ronco brand & 4 have George Forman brand.
  Below is is a sampling of the more detailed responses.  [My comments in
brackets.]
---------------------
I have a rotisserie (One of those that have been advertised on TV for years)
and I love it.  I have had it for a couple of years, and I have only done
chicken--many times.  It is so simple to use, and the chicken os SOOO
delicious.  I haven't regretted getting it for a minute.  It is also very
easy to clean.  I don't know of any downside.  I keep saying I am going to
cook something other than chicken, but I just can't get past that yet.  Mary
Ann
----------------------
We have a Ronco and it does work very well and you can truly "set it and
forget it" as they claim. My husband loves the way the food tastes and meats
come out very moist and tender. The cleanup is a bit of a chore as not
everything can go into the dishwasher. It's about the size of a
small micro,except taller. It's not something you use daily so make sure you
have the space to store it.
------------------
Valerie, We have a Ronco and we do enjoy it, though we use it in spurts.
Last night we had a hotel turkey breast and it was very good. Chicken is
also good.  They do take just as much time as in
the oven so it is not a time saver. We have not liked steaks cooked on it
and find the regular grill does a better job for those.  Prime rib is also
delicious in the Ronco. Another reason I like the
Ronco is that I always boil the carcass ( I can't throw away a carcas
without boiling it first!)  and make stock and I like the flavor when the
chicken or turkey has been Ronco'd. And I know my
stock is gf.  We also bought the rib basket.  It makes great ribs but is
somewhat of a pain to use. Clare MA
---------------------
Valerie, [Speaking of clean up.]  It is quite easy.  Everything goes into
the dishwasher. We even cover the drip pan with foil so it doesn't have to
be cleaned.  Last night my 10 year old son, he's my gluten free guy, cleaned
up after dinner, just popped it all into the dishwasher.  There is a pan
which goes on top of the Ronco which you can put veggies etc into and the
steam while the main course is cooking. And it doesn't heat up the kitchen
too much in the summer.  Regards, Clare MA
My father-in-law bought a small one.  He used it once & then found out what
it took to clean it.  My sister-in-law then used it....Once.  It's now in my
garage, waiting for a home. I'm not big into cleaning...I can do chicken
elsewhere w/ less mess.
Bev in Milwaukee
I have a George Forman rotissarie & I love it.  Works great for everything.