From:
Jason Latronica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 20:58:51 -0700

I got around 35 responses to my inquiring about how to make gf pasta.
These are some of the response I got.  Hope it helps everyone.
Jason Latronica

Use the PASTA BASE MIX found in Bette Hagman's The Gluten-free Gourmet
Cooks Fast and Healthy.  She states "With this dry mix on hand, It takes
only a few minutes to add the eggs and oil to turn out fresh egg pasta
for dinner".

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=celiac&D=0&T=1&H=0&O=T
This is the search I use.  Don't bother to enter the author's address.
Janet in Modesto Calif.

Bette Hagman has lots of pasta recipes in her cookbooks. There are 3,
and I think they are all available in paperback.

To search the archives, go to :
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/celiac.html

I have a pasta machine and get wonderful results with the following
recipe adapted from the Denver Metro Chapter CSA cookbook.  I make lasagna
with this recipe as I don't think it works very well for boiled pasta like
spaghetti.

The raw noodles can be placed right in the lasagna pan layered with your
favorite GF ingredients and popped into the oven.  No need to boil them.

Basic Pasta Mix

1 C. cornstarch
2 C. rice flour
1 C. tapioca flour
1 C. potato starch
4 T. egg white (powdered)
2 T. granulated lecithin
2 tsp. salt
2 T. xanthum gum

Mix all these ingredients up and store for use in the pasta machine.
Make a big batch and then pasta night is really simple.

PASTA

2 1/2 C. pasta mix
1 beaten egg
1 T. oil
1/2 C. water

Follow the directions for your pasta machine for putting the ingredients in.
The texture must be right for the pasta machine to extrude the noodles.  Add
more mix or more liquid to get the consistency described in the machine
instructions.

I'd also like to put in a plug for the Denver Metro Cookbook.  It is by far
the best cookbook I have.  They bill it as a high altitude cookbook, but I
use the same recipes when I travel to sea level with equal success.  I look
at it as a collection of everyone's favorite recipe that works everytime.
I'm not sure how to get it, but if you contact the Denver Metro Chapter of
CSA, I'm sure they can help you.