From:
"Judy C. Hettena Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 06:19:53 -0500

Hi all-

I received several responses directly from people who explained that Celiac
is, indeed, an auto-immune disease.  I'm posting this publically, since
another group of people emailed me directly about this and I'm sure they
will want to see the answer.  I guess it's back to my health professionals
to ask me why they told me melatonin was fine for me even though they were
the ones who diagnosed me with celiac in the first place?  If anyone has
heard from their health professional that melatonin is okay for them to
take if their celiac is under control through dietary maintenance, I would
appreciated a private email.  Thanks very much.

Judy Hettena Wright
Vermont