From:
Karin Press <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karin Press <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:44:30 +0200

I just received your address from cdf"celiac.org  and ask you (if you are not the right addressee for my quest), to please lead it on. Thank you.
I have a grandson with celiac disease who would like to spend 1/2 year in a family who has also children with celiac disease and simultaneously improve his English (of course)
		 Could you please be so kind and help us to find a family with children who have celiac decease and are willing to exchange kids or take my grandson Vincent for 1/2 year?
		Of course he must go to school while he is there, he was born August 9, 1995 so that would probably make him an 8th-grader, wouldn't it?
		MY SONS'S FAMILY IS PERFECTLY WILLING TO TAKE A CHILD EITHER FOR THE SAME PERIOD OR AFTER VINCENT RETURNS - IF THEY HIT IT OFF TOGETHER.
Even when Vincent leaves, the family still has his younger sister, Berenice, born June 22, 1997 who has also celiac decease and her twin brother who doesn't have the defect.
We would of course pay the trip and also the upkeep in the family (we have done this when our children stayed with friends in the USA 30 or so years ago). Then we needed the form "I20" filled in by the school in order to obtain a student visa, I do not think we need much of this paperwork for the UK. We would have gone through AFS or other exchange organizations but the celiac decease is really a big handicap. That's why I thought your association might be able to help us.

We live in Darmstadt, in Germany, that is about 20 miles South of Frankfurt. The family is bilingual: German and Spanish, because my daughter in law is from Ecquador and the family language is Spanish. So whoever comes here in exchange, if anybody comes, they would learn German and speak Spanish in the family. Quite a bonus-offer.
I hope you will be able to find a family, if not to exchange, than just to take Vincent, who would really love to go.
With friendly regards,
Karin Press
*******
*******