From:
The Cooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Cooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 05:42:44 -0400

Do you kids have behavioral responses to ingesting gluten?

My daughter was diagnosed at age 4. She never had the obvious symptons of
celiac. She had anemia, eczema, a siezure disorder and general fatigue. A
friend of mine with celiac suggested we get tested for celiac. I had to push
hard for testing because she didn't have the "typical" symptons. She was
diagnosed with blood testing and biopsy, surprising the MDs involved. Gluten
free for a year and a half, she no longer has siezures and is off siezure
meds.

Anyway, she had gluten containing meat at a family party last weekend. She
did not appear to have or complain of any gastrointestinal effects. However,
she had 3 really bad days behavior wise at school, following this. She is
not a perfect student, but I am wondering if the behavior could be related.
Do you kids have behavioral responses and for how many days does the
reaction last?

Betty