From:
Claire Lazebnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:11:28 -0500

I have one son with Celiac Disease and one with autism.  My son with autism
tested negative for C.D., but I feel like I'm constantly reading articles
about autistic kids whose symptoms improved on a gluten-free, dairy-free
diet.  I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has a child with
autism who has tried the diet.  It would be extremely difficult to put him on
that particular diet, since bread, cheerios, pasta and milk are most of what
he eats, but I would in a second if I felt it would improve his concentration
and cut back on some of his self-stimulating behaviors.  I'm equally
interested in hearing from people who tried the diet and felt it didn't do
any good.  Thank you!

Claire