Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:11:31 -0500

Many thanks to the 21 people that responded to my post - "Has anyone had any
problems using Bob's Red Mill flours?"

11 people do not use or have not tried these flours.

8 people use the flours with no problems.

2 used the flours but had problems.

Below are a few of the responses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am hypersensitive to everything but I have never had a reaction from BOB'S
RED MILL flours or other products.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I use Bob's Red Mill corn and bean flours with no problems.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mostly, it comes to this: cross-contaminations in grain processing make ANY
Red Mill product off-limits.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, very bad problems.
Then heard that they mill everything on one set of stones.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i have heard-no confirmation-that bob's red mill processes all flours on
the same equipment. don't know about their cleaning procedures. we don't
use their flours or their mixes, too many others available that i know
are GF.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've read that Bob's themselves recommends that sensitive individuals not
use their products due to cross contamination. Someone else said they had
visited the plant and observed lots of dusts of various grain products in
the air as the packing went on. If the company itself is willing to advise
against using their product, I'd take their answer and not argue.
We use it.  It is available in Canada, but only use the ones that are noted
as gluten free, as some of them are not gluten free.

Marilyn/Maizy
MedSupport Celiac Chat Host
Monday (weekly) Celiac Live Chats From 8-10 PM EST at:
http://www.medsupport.org/celianav.htm