Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:44:48 -0500

Hi! I received two emails in regards to the cake recipe I posted. They are:
1.)Does it stay together good without xanthum gum?  2.) But am I reading it
correctly that there are NO EGGS in it???  What binds it together or makes
it rise??

To answer the questions: YES, there are no eggs in it., and YES there is no
xanthum gum.

When you put the cake in the oven, it basically looks like batter on the
bottom, with crumbled brown sugar/cocoa, and then water "floating" (for lack
of a better word), on top. When it is cooked, it is sort of like a brownie
on the bottom, with a rich chocolate sauce on top. (I have absolutely no
idea how it does it.) It's not "solid" like a regular cake, rather a gooey,
chocolatey dessert. Hope this helps everyone. Any more ?'s feel free to ask.
Susan