From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:33:50 -0500

Here's a summary of the responses on Glutamine and other supplements
for food allergy.
----------------------
My MD gave it to me back in the 70's for burn-out, gave it to my
mother post-stroke (gets oxygen to the brain), in addition it helps
metabolize fats and sugars.  My chiropractor who also has a degree
in nutrition suggested glutamine for my boyfriend who has colitis, for ex=
actly
the reasons you stated.  It's an important nutrient and
we're learning more and more about it.  By the way, the suggestion
dosage is 1 pill with each meal.
--------
I recently have been trying cat's claw tea which is very comforting
to an inflamed stomach and gut.... Read about it in many books and
flyers.
-----------
Glutamine is an amino acid and is *not* related to the protein
"gluten"; they just happen to be words that both start with the
letters "glut"
I tried glutamine and did not notice any significant changes. The
vitamins that seemed to make the biggest difference to me was A D,
zinc and acidophillus(for a secondary candida infection).
... seems like I always have a craving for ginger.

It seems to me that choices for handling food allergies are personal and
individual, those that work for their own bodies.

Mildred Oberkotter, Palo Alto, CA