From:
Bruce Steeper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 22:37:33 -0800

Hi this is my first posting and I am new to the list.  I
usually find that whatever questions I have I just wait and someone
else will ask it. I am a 43 year old mother of 3, I was diagnosed as
a celiac 8 years ago while I was pregnant with my third but I can
trace the symptoms back to when I was 3.  2 of my children are fine
but 1 is showing similar symptoms to what I experienced as a teen.
After I was diagnosed I took him to a Paediatrician and then a
Gastroenterologist.  They all said if he is getting away with it
then leave him be.  Now he is fifteen and missing school because of
what seems to me to be celiac.  He's really into sports and often
is missing the stamina that he needs.  He does have periods of
being fine and then he will have a few days being sick then goes
back to normal.  I took him to see our doctor today and he said we
have three options. (1)we could just leave him be,  (2)If we're
that sure we could just put him on the diet or (3)Have him tested.
I was looking for advice on which to do and decided to come to you
guys. What should I do?=BF?The question I have is...how much damage is
being done to the unsuspecting person who has mild to moderate symptoms
before the crisis which hopefully leads to diagnoses? Does this make
sense to you?
     Helpful hint..cornmeal makes a good hot cereal..quick in the
microwave...5 tbls of cornmeal to about 1/2 cup of water..on hi for 1 1/2
min. stir then on hi for 1 more min...lots of brown sugar and milk.
Adjust the water to taste.   Another helpful hint..phone around to all
the Vietnamese Restaurants..I found one that has lots of gf stuff,even
the egg rolls,the ginger chichen is battered in corn starch..etc.(don't
forget to check the soy sauce tho)
Thanx
Dianne, in B.C. Canada
(*) the ski season starts soon (*)