From:
Patricia Onstott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia Onstott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:14:30 -0500

I was wondering if any of you have had or are having symptoms similar to me, or if I have something else going on.   (I have been faithfully following the diet for the last seven years; I am now 53.)  I do eat out often, but am very careful about where we eat and what I eat.   I do have obviously have problems with accidental ingestion though.

I have developed a very painful tendonitis in one knee and I am anxious for it to start feeling better--I've been limping for about 3 months.  I am on arthritis medication daily which helps a lot with my spine--pain in lower back and upper shoulders...   But a few months ago I noticed my big toe and the next toe had a slightly numb feeling and felt a bit tingly at the tips of the toes on both feet.  It never improved and has steadily increased.  Now the sensation has spread to the all of the first three toes on each foot and has moved on up to the tops of my feet near the toe junction and towards the ball of my foot--same slightly numb, tingly sensation, like it is "going to sleep" but not quite there yet.  At first I thought it was a circulation problem, but don't think so now.  I think it has to do with the nerves.  I have had nerve problems in the past--twice on the right side of my face, right side of my head, the right foot in the arch, and left finger tips--but these all came and went; didn't hang on like the toes thing.

I am now beginning to worry about diabetes, MS, or something else...    Do any of you suffer with the nerve-type problems, especially the toes numbness?  Is this just another celiac symptom?    I have also seen a number of postings inquiring about various prescription meds being gluten free.   Have any of you found any meds that were a problem so far?  I do take hormones, blood pressure pills, and lots of vitamins every day.