From:
Jessica Mahood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:09:45 -0400

I just returned from a trip to Connecticut, and had the pleasure of eating at the Engine 6 Pizza Co. in Norwich, CT (195 West Thams St., also engineno6pizzaco.com).? This is a humble little establishment housed in an old fire station.? Not only did they offer gluten-free pizza, calzones, lasagna, pasta and breadsticks, but they gave you CHOICES for toppings!? The food was fantastic, and the staff was friendly, helpful, and extremely well-informed about the gluten-free diet.? They were very conscious of cross-contamination, and I had no issues after eating there.?

I definitely recommend this to anyone traveling to this area.? It's about 20 minutes outside of Mystic, CT (which has a great aquarium, a seaport, and some other interesting attractions), and within a reasonable trek of both Massachusetts and Rhode Island.? I'm told that they also cater, and deliver (within a reasonable radius), their gluten-free foods.

(I, of course, have no financial interest in this establishment, just in good food!)

Jessica in Boston