From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:17:57 -0400

Lots of people told me their allergies got better when glutenfree.  It
took anywhere from immediately to 7-9 years!  Also several said
their allergies & food intolerances got worse before they got better.
One person said they were diagnosed with celiac very young, but later on
they developed allergies, while glutenfree.

Here is one reply that got to me especially:

I was very, very sick with undiagnosed CD and almost died from it (ruptured
colon in l993).  It still took another 2 years for me to figure out what was
making me so sick and I later found a GI dr. who confirmed my celiac
disease.  My inhalent allergies got so bad that I could not go outside
without a mask for about 3 years.  My daughters had to buy any lipstick or
makeup I needed since I could not go anywhere near a mall or a makeup
counter.  Perfume and cigaret smoke sent me into spasms.

I have been strictly gf since about l995.  I would say that it took at least
3-4 years to conquer the inhalent things, which were completely connected to
the CD wreckage.  I still am faintly reactive to some fragances and
household products.  Smoke sends me through the roof and I have to get away
from it.   I have a hepafilter running in our house at all times, night and
day.  This really helps pull the mold, dust and allergens out of the air.

I think all of my many food and inhalent allergies got worse before they got
better.  I am not sure why this is, and it was very upsetting.  .....btw,  I
personally believe that the allergy shots are a complete waste of time and
money, if you do not have true allergies (born with, and this is actually
very rare to be born with an allergy).  I think traditional allergy docs do
not have a clue about what we have, and they caused me a lot of grief, money
and misled me into another near-fatal situation with my health.  In fact, I
would never, ever set foot in another office of that description knowing
what I know now.............

me: well, a number of people have told me allergy shots got rid of their
allergies.  The allergists have told me i'm pretty unusual to get sick so
much from the shots.  The shots make me woozy-ill and sometimes they even
trigger illnesses that last days and days, which i *think* are
congestion of the rear sinuses -- so i feel ill in the head, but with no
obvious sinus symptoms.