Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:56:12 EST
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

The following includes corrections and additions to my previous post
yesterday about GF dining in restaurants in NYC.

Corrections:
Guastavinos - It's by the Queensboro Bridge (a.k.a. The 59th Street Bridge),
not the Manhattan Bridge.

Pure Food and Wine - The entire menu is NOT GF. For instance, one dish has a
non-GF soy sauce in it.

Miscellaneous:
Even though a restaurant is in the GFRAP, you still need to make sure they
understand your need for GF food every time you order.

There are health food stores all over the city, so don't feel limited to
just
Whole Foods or Fairway Market.

"There is a comprehensive listing of GF places to eat and shop at
www.sillyYak.com. Just click the GF/NY button."

Additional Restaurant Suggestions:

The Delta Grill
9th Ave. & 48th St.
212-956-0934
A Cajun bar-restaurant that is offering a Thanksgiving dinner. "I've eaten
there several times this year and received good service. I generally ordered
their blackened foods - and they brought out the seasoning mix containers so
could inspect the list of ingredients."

Rocking Horse Cafe
182 8th Ave., between 18th & 20th.
". . have been told it's best to call ahead in the afternoon so they know
you're coming".

Belgian French fry place (Pommes Frites)
East Village, right around 7th St. and 2nd Ave.
They only sell French Fries - but be careful with the sauces.

Hampton Chutney Company
68 Prince St. (between Crosby and Lafayette)
212-226-9996
They make these rice flour based dosas (like a wrap).

Whole Foods - Broadway and 59th in basement of Time-Warner building
"Have a really good salad/food bar and eating area."

Jekyl and Hyde Restaurant
right around 57th and 6th Ave.
"Theme restaurant with characters that walk around with Frankenstein theme.
Fun for kids - had a hamburger with potato chips."

Thank all of you again for taking the time to write. I'm so excited to go!
If
any of you are coming to San Diego for a visit, I think you'll find
www.glutenfreeinsd.com helpful for restaurant and grocery store
recommendations.

Roxie Johnson
www.glutenfreeinsd.com