Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:14:36 -0700

 I just found this recipe and changed it slightly. It's very good and
not too sweet. It called for oat flour but I used soya flour. I guess
just about any gf flour would do. Also I used white rice flour but only
because that's what I had. Enjoy.      Dianne in BC

         Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 20 minutes

Amount        Ingredient
--------      -----------------------------
2             Eggs (or 1 egg and 2 egg whites)
1/4 C (1/2dL) Canola Oil
1/2 C (~100g) Raw Honey
1/4 C (1/2dL) Unsweetened Applesauce
1 C (~400g)   Mashed, cooked pumpkin
1 1/2 (210g)  Brown Rice Flour*
1/2 C (70g)   Soya Flour*
1 tsp         Baking powder
1 tsp         Baking soda
1 tsp         Cinnamon
1/2 tsp       Allspice
dash          Salt
1/2 C (~60g)  Raisins (optional)
1/2 C (~90g)  Chopped nuts (I prefer pecans but walnuts also work well)

*These flours available in natural food section
of grocery store or your local health food store.

Preheat oven to 350F (180C).

Beat eggs well; add honey, oil and pumpkin.

Add dry ingredients and mix well.

Stir in raisins and nuts.

Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 2/3
full. Bake at 350F (180C) degrees for 20 minutes.

Rotate tins once to brown evenly.