From:
Joe Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:27:20 -0500

Sorry for the delay in this Summary.

The overwhelming majority thought the problem is
probably low blood sugar. This is also what my
gastroenterologist said too. He doesn't think it is
related to Celiac Disease or Gluten withdrawal.
He said if I want he can order some blood work
and have me go to the hospital at the timet hat this
happens to get my bloodsugar checked. Or if I like
I can just try a sweet snack when this happens and
see if it relievs the symptoms. It's actually been a
week to week and a half since I've had this happen
so maybe it is getting better on it's own. I hope so.
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Joe

*****Original post*****
I'm wondering if there is such a thing as gluten withdrawl. I've been
on the gluten free diet for just a little over a month and lately about
once a day I get the shakes all over for about 30 to 45 minutes. It
feels like what I imagine an alcoholic or a drug user would feel from
alcohol or drug withdrawl. If I hold out my hands I can see them shaking
and it's no fun at all. After about 30 - 45 minutes it stops and I feel
fine until the next episode which is usually within the next day or two. I
don't have any cravings (like bread) while this is happening. Has anyone
else ever experienced this before? I never experienced anything like
this before I went on the gluten free diet. Diagosed as celiac first part of
July this year after small intestine biopsy.