From:
Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:26:29 -0500

I thought that I would forward the reply I got from Arrowhead Mills
regarding whether their cornmeal is truly gluten free, as their packaging
states "wheat free; made with non gluten ingredients". I thought it was
interesting that this reply is different from one posted recently that said
they send samples for gf testing verification and that the first batches are
donated to charity (this one says they are "discarded"). It really makes one
wonder about the cross-contamination problems with other manufacturers - it
would appear that simply cleaning the machines is not enough. I wonder how
often they find gluten in a sample - my guess is that those would be the
ones donated to charity.
Hilary