From:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:42:02 -0500

I received the following comment regarding the Bob Evans list.  I copied it below for you.

Barbara in Missouri

"I would not trust their list. I received the same list and I am trying to contact the company back about the items. It states that their oil & vinegar uses malt vinegar. No malt vinegar is GF as malt is a barley derivative. Also several items contain questionable ingredients like food starch, chicken base, dried beef stock or natural flavor. I would seriously question the knowledge of the person who comprised this list. Personally I would never eat there after seeing this list. They must receive all their foods pre-marinated and processed with preservatives like MSG and nitrites. Not my idea of a fresh-cooked meal."

My Comment:  This is correct. Under the salad dressings, they list oil and vinegar as GF, but mention that the vinegar is malt vinegar.  I would be very careful with their GF listing if you decide to eat there.