From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:20:50 -0500

  Heads up, folks! A look at Traffic Hot Spots shows some closures
planned for Saturday, 17 August, that will require our ingenuity to
avoid getting stuck in traffic when making our way to Covenant
Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive, in San Antonio for our summer pot
luck lunch.

First, the closures:

Loop 410 westbound from Blanco Road to Honeysuckle Lane. All lanes
closed all day Saturday.

I 10 eastbound from 410 to Crossroads Blvd. Lanes closed for construction.

The closure on 410 from Blanco to Honeysuckle means that our direct
route to the church, the access road, will be jammed bumper to bumper.
So stay off  410 West and approach the church from the north. I'm going
to suggest several alternatives. Look at a map (or call one up on Yahoo
or Lycos) and you'll see that it won't be difficult.

If you are using US 281, get off on Nakoma going west. Nakoma deadends
at West Ave. Turn left onto West & follow it to Northwest Military
Highway. Turn left onto Northwest Military and go south to a right turn
at the traffic light at Lemonwood. You're almost there. Turn left off
Lemonwood onto Roleto.

If you would normally use I 10 to approach 410 from the north, exit I 10
at Wurzbach, going east. Wurzbach deadends at Lockhill-Selma. Turn right
onto Lockhill-Selma and follow it to Northwest Military Highway. Turn
right onto Northwest Military and then turn right at Lemonwood. Then
turn left on Roleto.

If you would normally use I 10 north inside 410, don't. Try a different
route to get north of 410 and onto Northwest Military Highway, such as
West Avenue.

Looking at the map, it looks like people coming east on 410 could exit
at Honeysuckle Lane, go left under 410 and turn right on Lemonwood when
Honeysuckle deadends. Then turn right off Lemonwood onto Roleto. Can't
guarantee this will work, though.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We celiacs have
to deal every day with a much more difficult problem (gluten!), so we
can take this little hitch in our stride.

Lynn Rainwater
Secretary
San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group