From:
Cindy Cummins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 18:14:51 -0400

Does anyone out there know anything about Giardia (parasite infection that
damages the small intestine)?  Is a person more susceptible to Giardia if the
have "Sprue"????

I was diagnosed with CD last October and went on a GF diet -- the results of
my first biopsy showed short and blunted villi and my 2nd biopsy a month ago
showed normal villi.  Since then my three daughters have undergone biopsies
and they all have Giardia so we (family) all are being treated with an
antibiotic for 10 days.  Can Giardia respond to a GF diet and heal the villi
without antibiotics???  All of my antiibody panels were normal, so bloodwork
testing is not helping me conclude anything.  Have any of you experienced
this before.

I'll be grateful for any information.  Still have to fit a few more pieces to
the puzzle??