From:
deni hansen-gray weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 17:16:20 -0500

As I mentioned in my previous post - I have been told - by an
gastroenterologist at the University of Chicago, who specializes in
Celiac disease, that my extreme  reactions to gluten (anaphalactic shock
and convulsions that may be tetany related) are, indeed, reactions that,
while rare, are documented in the literature.  Now, I am curious.  How
many people on this list  consider than selves to be more reactive than
the normal population?  How many of you react to things you *shouldn't*
react to?  As in the vinegar debate?  Are there those of you who react
topically when you

*shouldn't*?  Are there those of you who have neruological componets?  Are
there those of you who consider gluten to be immediately life threatening?
Is any one else concerned that a visit to the ER could potentially kill you
if a doctor made a mistake in regard to medication?

I would really like to hear from anyone and everyone on this list who feels
they, at some point, fall out of the prescirbed celicac description of
weight loss, diarrhea, etc.

I think it would be very useful for we *oddballs* <said with a wink and a
grin> know who each other are.

deni weber
Valparaiso, IN  USA

(at It is seldom wise to leave a live dragon out of your calculations if you
happen to live near one . . .

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.  However a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.