From:
"Barnett, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:30:17 -0500

These are more responses after my initial summary.  Thank you everyone
who sent them to me:

I didn't see the original post but thought of something
that might work.  Brown rice.  I eat it every day for
lunch.  What if you cooked it part way  -- put it through
the food processor to get the right consistency -- cooked
it the rest of the way 'til done.  Additionally, one might
try a little flavor oils like walnut, etc. to concoct
the taste you're looking for.  You'd have to play around
with it a couple times but it just may work.

There is a product called Riccous (sp?).  It comes in a box, is made w/rice,
& is available at health food store.  The manufacturer may be Fantastic Foods,
or a natural/health food company similar to that.  Might want to check
manufacturer lists (either on this site or at www.celiac.com) to see who has
it in their inventory. A member of our group had tried & like it. Good Luck.

I was told by someone at a health food store that Lundburg Farms made
this but it has been discontinued.  I don't know if she was correct.
Does anyone know the manufacturer and if it is still being made?  How
can one get it?  I'd love to try it and would appreciate anyone's help.

My pantry shelves contain a boxed product called Quick Cooking RIZCOUS
(Like Couscous, Only Rice!), put out by Lundberg Family Farms in Richvale,
CA, 95974-0369.  Delicious.  I believe there are two or three variations.
The one I grabbed to send this message is called French country herb.
Perhaps there are other similar products put out by other sources.

Sarah in Washington, D.C.