From:
"Karyn S. Friedman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:33:58 -0500

Well, the dreaded day has arrived - James has become intolerant to rice.
 It's all my fault, since he's allergy-prone and he's had so much every day.
 I was warned, but I guess I was in denial.  Today he began a proper rotation
diet - I spent the day in the kitchen developing rice-free recipes.  I'm very
pleased with the results:

GLUTEN-FREE/RICE-FREE MUFFINS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Beat together:

1 mashed banana
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup liquid (milk, water, soy milk or Darifree)

In separate bowl, mix:

1/2 cup quinoa flour OR amaranth flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup potato starch flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 t. salt
2 t. GF baking powder

[1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 cup raisins, optional]

Add liquid to dry mixture and combine just until mixed.  Do not overmix.

Bake for about 15 minutes in an oiled muffin tin, checking for doneness.
I used a "muffin tops" pan so they came out wide & flat, not dry.

This batter may also be used to make excellent pancakes.

For a sandwich roll, cut sugar to 1 Tbsp. and add 1 tsp. xanthan gum.

Let me know how they come out!  Ours were delicious.

Karyn